Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.070000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
8 hour shift between 7a & 7P
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) functions within the organized healthcare system as defined by the American College of Nurse Midwives core competencies of Basic Midwifery Practice and the Standards for the Practice of Nurse Midwifery. The CNM collaborates with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide comprehensive care to the pregnant and laboring woman. The CNM uses the processes of assessment, diagnosis, management and evaluation to provide care that integrates the psychosocial and physical needs of women. The CNM obtains history and performs physical examination to evaluate and coordinate patient care at the OB-GYN outpatient clinic, in addition, to providing care in labor and delivery. Along with physicians, nurses and other members of the healthcare team, the CNM strives to ensure the provision of quality patient care leading to optimal outcomes. The CNM works in collaboration with the OB/GYN Department Chairman, attending physicians, and OBGYN Clinic Office Manager(s).
- Possess a license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State preferred
- Current licensure as a Certified Nurse Midwife or Licensed Midwife required
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program or Masters Level Nurse Midwife program required.
- Meets credentialing requirements as appropriate through the Medical Staff office required.
- BLS certification required
- NRP certification required
- Electronic Fetal Monitor (EFM) Certification within one year of date of hire required. To be monitored by Department for compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Nurse Midwife experience preferred
- Ability to perform accurate history & physical exams,
- Accurate interpretation of electronic fetal heart rate monitor.
- Strong written and Verbal communication skills
- Ability to function in stressful situations
- Good computer skills
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.
- Varied types of pregnant patients including active labor patients both high risk and low risk, outpatients presenting with various complaints, both emergent and non-emergent.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.