Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Flexible: 4 hours per week
rincipal Trainer works with the training manager, application programmers and managers to develop and maintain the training programs for the various EMR applications. The Principal Trainer is developer of information technologies, educator, researcher, communicator, implementation consultant, policy developer to advance health care.
Responsibilities include the assessment, organization, planning, implementation and evaluation of education supporting the business and/or clinical standardization initiatives and the information systems applications. Identifies and implements technical solutions for Catholic Health (CH) business and/or clinical needs. Provides technical and functional analysis, design, system building, testing, and support during Electronic Health Record (EHR) system implementation on various modules. Prepares specifications and documentation related to system implementation or revision. Acts as a resource to associates, community resources/liaisons, and providers regarding the use of the CH EHR.
Job Responsibilities may include:
- Concept representation and standards to support evidence-based practice, research and education
- Data and communication standards to build an interoperable data infrastructure
- Research methodologies to disseminate new knowledge into practice
- Information presentation and retrieval approaches to support safe patient-centered care
- Information and communication technologies to address inter-professional work flow needs across all care venues
- Vision and management for the development, design and implementation of communication and information technology
- Involves extensive project management, critical thinking and creativity
- Must be able to work effectively with a variety of individuals both within and outside of CH
- Must be skilled in resolving conflicting demands
- Flexible availability to meet the needs of the organization
- Contributes to the ongoing update of Policy and Procedure that supports CH initiatives
- Scope of practice will include participation in the planning, design, build, testing, implementation and evaluation of EHR within CH. The Principal Trainer will play a vital role in the application of information systems in analyzing and researching business, clinical and administrative performance analytics. The Principal Trainer will assist in the integration of information technology into the workflow of various internal and external departments.
Responsibilities:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
MS/MA: preferred and one (1) year of job experience in informatics/clinical education or computer science, business or healthcare field.
BS/BA: strongly preferred and a minimum five (5) year of job experience in a computer science, business or healthcare field.
- Associates: required and a minimum six (6) years of job experience in a computer science, business or healthcare field.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Proficiency of computer applications (Windows, MS Word, MS Excel) experience required.
- Skill and experience in adult education is preferred.
- Super-User or technical knowledge of Healthcare computer applications strongly preferred.
- Candidates for a Clinical team may preferably have related health care specialty experience such as Nursing, Med Tech, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Pharmacy.
- Candidates should also be familiar with regulatory requirements applicable to patient care to include, but not limited to, JC, NYSDOH, HIPAA, and OSHA.
- Candidates should also be familiar with business and patient care processes/workflows commonly found across the continuum of care in an integrated health system.
- Industry Certifications recognized with preference.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with clinical/business staff at all levels, including Project Manager, Medical Staff, Management and first line employees.
- Ability to facilitate discussions, brainstorming sessions and team processes.
- Ability to proactively analyze and anticipate impacts of any changes or modifications, technical or operational to a complex clinical environment.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Ability and means to travel among CH sites.
- Position requires flexible scheduling which may include covering evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays in order to provide support.
- Position requires routine on call assignment requiring individual to be available by phone and have access to a computer, internet access, and ability to log in. On call responsibilities may also require individual to come on site as necessary.
- Ability to travel to vendor sponsored training and user events. This may include air travel and overnight stays outside of WNY.
- Ability to successfully complete any required training and/or certifications pertinent to software support.