Sisters School Health Program SycamoreShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time Flex FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
The Nurse Practitioner will assume the initiative and responsibility for developing and providing comprehensive health care to children in a school environment, in cooperation and consultation with other health professionals, educators, and school personnel.
The Nurse Practitioner covering Harvey Austin and West Hertel will share their time between two schools.
- Current NYS License as a Registered Nurse
- Current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner
- Prescription privileges in the State of New York.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Three (3) years experience working with the Pediatric population in a Hospital, Primary Care setting or a physician office.
- Experience working in a School based Health Center with at least four (4) years of experience working in the previous noted experience will be considered.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health care principles, practices and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge and/or demonstrated competency in physical assessment, diagnosis, related protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of current developments, literature guidelines, mandates and resources to facilitate and implement health care services.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with health service and school personnel, students, parents and community service personnel.
- Ability to develop management and/or organizational skills relating to health care, i.e., referrals, record keeping, etc.
- Incorporates knowledge and concern for the patient's age and state of development into daily care delivery, and knows and observes patient rights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills