Canisius CollegeShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
Catholic Health EmmausExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
Varied between 7a-7p.
The Manager of Schedistration & Referral Management is responsible for day to day operations of scheduling of both the physician enterprise, outpatient, and ancillary department appointments, referral management, Health Connections (marketing initiatives) and care coordination within the Contact Center. This includes managing supervisory and frontline staff and being accountable for consistent quality performance, including the service's ability to consistently meet established key performance indicators that support access and an optimal consumer experience. The Manager oversees the creation, distribution and resolution of teamwork queues.
The Manager serves as a mentor and role model to supervisor and frontline staff and will be readily available to provide team members with the tools and training needed to meet established service goals. The Manager will act as a single point of contact for initial communication with interdependent functions within the Contact Center. As such, they are responsible for facilitating bidirectional communication between frontline staff, other Contact Center functions, and leadership. In addition to assisting with these functions, the Manager may be responsible for managing staff schedules, approving leave, and assisting with payroll, among other functions; there may be instances when this position is requested to perform additional duties on behalf of the Director.
The Manager will serve as a subject matter expert on their respective service(s) and general contact center operations. This position is responsible for building trusting relationships and partnering with leaders in the contact center and the functional areas supported by the contact center to continually improve service delivery, driving rapid and sustained process improvement initiatives and championing change management efforts in the teams they support. The Manager will participate in relevant implementations and optimizations for services and maintain a clear understanding of the organization and intersection of the contact center with other Catholic Health services. This role requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with associates and leaders alike.
- Bachelor's degree required; concentration in business, health services administration or related field preferred
- Associate's degree with five (5) additional years of experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Three (3) years of relevant, manager level experience
- Experience in physician practice scheduling, ancillary scheduling, registration, and referral management
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Experience with managing large teams and interacting with senior leadership
- Experience with business process re-engineering and change management desired
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring staff
- Proven leadership ability
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to take initiative by identifying problems, conceptualizing resolutions, and implementing change
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Goal oriented with high standards of quality work and accountability for team performance
- Effectively interact with senior leadership
- Some local travel is required
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs