Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Primarily 8:00am-4:00pm with rotation to 6:00am-2:00pm, 7:00am-3:00pm or 9:00am-5:00pm. May rotate on call hours to include holidays and weekends.
Responsible for the delivery of the Endoscopy patient through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of the patients served, based on the areas of clinical practice. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital/staff information. Strives to incorporate the philosophy and mission of Mount St. Mary's Hospital and to incorporate the Hospital's goal of "Quality care in a personal manner with total regard for individual human dignity".
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- RN Licensure in New York State
- Must possess current BLS within sixty (60) days from time of placement and must have current
- ACLS within twelve (12) months from time of placement.
- Bachelor of Science (BSN preferred
- Certified GI Nurse (CGRN) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum of one (1) year of recent acute care registered nurse experience.
- One (1) year Endoscopy experience in Endoscopy Unit preferred
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills. Proven managerial skills.
- Answer telephones
- Balance figures
- Input data into computer programs
- Maintain filing systems
- Maintain logs
- Maintain patient charts
- Schedule appointments
- Use of endoscopy equipment and instrumentation
- Fax machine
- Thorough understanding of specialized equipment pertaining to the endoscopy unit.
- Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- Exposed to hazards of handling diseased organs and tissues
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
- Exposed to a variety of electromechanical /power equipment
- Exposed to hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes
- Exposed to a variety of electro-mechanical hazards
- Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimen
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning gents/chemicals
- Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment
- Occasional exposure to/occasionally exposed to patient elements
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances
- Subject to varying, unpredictable situations
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- May perform emergency care
- Exposed to hot or noisy equipment
- Exposed to hot or humid work environment
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Requires judgement/action which could result in death of patient.
- Handles absentee replacement on short notice
- Increased pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Flexibility in scheduled working hours/days to meet needs of unit
- Accepts reassignments to other nursing units within Department of Perioperative Services as directed
- Regular attendance is required for this position
- Employee identification badge must be worn between shoulders and waist, with no other insignia attached, at all times while on duty.
- Required Protective Equipment
- Eye Protection may be required
- Mask may be required
- Non-sterile gloves may be required
- Gowns may be required
- Hair covering may be required
- Temperature changes: variations in temperature from hot to cold