Home Care Niagara CountyShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
8-4/9-5 with weekend and on call requirements
Responsible for supervising/managing the care delivery and patient experience to meet the goals of a High Performing Health System. Includes On-Call responsibilities evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; college or university required
- Licensure and current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Completion of a course in Public Health and or Principles of Management preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum four (4) years current experience with demonstrated competence as RN in managing patient care required;
- One (1) year previous medical/surgical experience in an acute care setting and/or 1 year relevant home care experience as a Registered Nurse in the post-acute care setting
- Home Health Care experience preferred;
- Leadership and/or management experience required as evidenced by effective communication skills, conflict mediation skills, ability to develop and articulate vision for program of care, effective resource procurement and allocation, ability to mentor others, and ability to coordinate activities of other
- Strong Clinical Quality Management skill
- Strong Problem solving and innovation
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing Certified Home Health Agencies and New York State Nurse Practice Act.
- Most possess a valid driver's license and have a car available for work use
- Ability to Prioritize/Multitask
- Strong Financial Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team Building Skills
- Ability to recruit (in conjunction with the recruitment staff) and maintain top talent
- Ability to manage vision and purpose
- Conflict Management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn other computer software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership abilities and ability to coach and mentor direct reports for performance
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some homes
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the community or within the county serviced by the agency
- Endure exposure to weather and temperature extremes.