Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM
The Lead Technical Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) Engineer - Level II will be responsible for providing input and assistance to IT leadership in developing solutions for the Catholic Health mission critical systems, services and processes related to unified communications technologies including, VoIP, call center, and conferencing (audio, video, web). The Lead Technical Engineer UCC - Level II will conceptualize compelling roadmaps, frameworks and high availability solutions with involvement in reviewing and certifying (direct and indirect) changes to the critical systems and their production environments. Thus, it is very important to demonstrate advance impact analysis skills and knowledge and adherence to Change Management processes and procedures. Senior staff will lead a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple UCC services and make recommendations to businesses regarding the integration of these technologies into new and existing lead processes while working with staff to ensure platform stability and standardization of implementations. Associate will act as escalation point in critical multi user issues and collaborate in identifying root cause of outages, and provide escalation support of issues to other teams when necessary. Engineers in this role also have responsibility to maintain strong knowledge and expertise in several IT administrator roles (networking, telephony, and mobility as examples) with the ability to step in and assist with lead or secondary support roles when required.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts in Computing or related field strongly preferred
- An Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field and one or more of the following certifications will be acceptable:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) & Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Officer (CISA)
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and one of the following: A+, Network+ or Security+
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Bachelors: minimum six (6) - ten (10) years of related experience required, or
- Associates: minimum ten (10) years progressive IT Engineering experience.
- In lieu of Bachelors or Associates: Fifteen (15) years of IT related experience, ten (10) of these years must be IT security related.
- Minimum three plus (3+) years in a supervisory capacity
- Some experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Candidate must specialize in one or more of the following:
- Voice Over IP/Telephony Technologies - Cisco Preferred
- Call Center Technologies - Cisco Preferred
- Enterprise Fax Solutions - Right Fax Preferred
- Room and Client Video Conferencing Solutions
- Collaboration Platforms WebEx, WebEx Teams, Microsoft Teams
- Enterprise Mobility Management
- Experience directly in medium to large network environments, and personal computer support
- Experience designing and implementing complex UCC solutions
- Experience designing and optimizing network and carrier services
- Project leadership experience
- Experience in a healthcare setting is also recommended and preferred
- Travel to remote sites as appropriate to participate in data center operations, server installs, and engineering team and project meetings
- Participate in on-call rotational 7 x 24 pager duty. Respond to emergency IT situations as they occur (including during non-scheduled work time)
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.