Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
UFCW Local 1Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
variable, 6:30 am - 11pm
Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy, Manager and/or Lead Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacists or other designated supervisory personnel, performs technical activities associated with preparation, compounding, and dispensing of pharmaceuticals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- High School diploma or GED
- Pharmacy Technician Certification from New York State recognized certifying bodies such as Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- New York State Registered Pharmacy Technician with active registration and certification
- Registered Pharmacy Technician must also be licensed in New York State
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate office equipment, personal computer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine, hospital information systems, automated dispensing units and various other types of pharmacy automation.
- Proficient at report generation from various information systems.
- Proficiency in metric system and various types of pharmacy math calculations.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, nurses and other health professionals in matters pertaining to pharmacy services.
- Good manual dexterity (typing).
- Proficient in data entry.
- Works in office/warehouse setting with regular trips to patient care areas.
- Normal heat, light and safe working environment, typical of most office jobs.
- Works at computer intermittently for short periods of time, inputting or retrieving data and generating labels and reports.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.