Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
6a-2p, 7a-3p, 8a-4p, 9a-5p
Rotation to evening, night and weekend shifts as needed.
Shares as a team member under the leadership and in collaboration with the Director/System Director, the accountability for the 24 hour management of clinical nursing practice and patient care delivery, the management of human, fiscal and other resources, the development of personnel, compliance and regulatory and professional standards, strategic planning and the fostering of interdisciplinary collaborative relationships within selected unit(s) of responsibility and the health care institution as a whole.
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program
- Baccalaureate in Nursing required
- Current RN licensure in the State of New York
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
KNOWELDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Three (3) or more years of clinical nursing experience/charge nurse experience
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel, as well as physicians, families, visitors and to manage the activities of a diverse group of professional, nonprofessional and clerical employees
- Possesses active listening skills
- Analytical ability to identify opportunities for improvements as well as positive problem resolution. Maintains deadlines for coordination of data collection.
- Teaching abilities to promote optimum orientation and continuing education of staff
- Has current knowledge of health care trends and issues and relates same to hospital and work area environment
- Occasional prolonged standing, walking, sitting
- Computer literate
- Subject to inside environmental conditions