Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time Flex FTE: 0.920000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Coordinates total nursing care for the patient by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Participates and/or provides patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the Emergency Department.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nursing Program,
- BSN preferred
- Current New York State registration as a professional registered nurse. Current BLS validation
- ACLS within one (1) year of hire/transfer
- PALS certification required within one (1) year of hire/transfer
- Successful completion or challenge of Cardiac Rhythm exam within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- All current ED associates, external hires and transfer will complete and maintain the National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification (NIHSS) within 12 months from date of hire/transfer with recertification every 2 years.
- FOR new hires/transfers only:
- Completion of assigned ENA modules prior to the completion of ED RN orientation.
- Completion or successful challenge of ER-BKAT within 6 months of hire/transfer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year current acute care experience required.
- Previous Critical care, telemetry or emergency experience preferred.
- Strong Verbal & written communication skills
- Nursing can be intellectually, physically and emotionally demanding. Subject to inside environmental conditions: protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. Subject to hazards includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving parts or frequent exposure to many unpleasant physical and environmental conditions. Nurses works shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays. There are times travel to another CH facility is required for training and educational purposes.