Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.153333Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
7a-7p, 11a-7p, 11a-11p
The Nursing Supervisor's duties include provision of managerial and clinical links between the Nurse Manager and department direction in their absence. The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and direction of administrative, patient care, and all non-clinical activities on an assigned shift. The Nursing Supervisor supervises and coordinates the activities of hospital personnel and engages in a variety of procedures through the interpretation of hospital policy and produces for staff personnel: participates in the investigation and preparation of reports relative to the improvement of patient care, safety, educational development and personal performance.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current New York State Professional Nurse Registration
- Bachelor Degree in nursing preferred.
- BLS certification validation required
- ACLS certification validation required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Two (2) years of acute care experience
- Charge Nurse, managerial or supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to develop rapport with multiple health care disciplines and providers across the continuum of care.
- Ability to relate well with physicians to maximize quality of care for patients.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, discernment, and clinical assessment skills.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Computer literate.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel.
- Possesses active listening skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to:
- Utilize technology to enhance communication and collect and report transfer center data
- Obtain necessary information effectively
- Provide clear direction
- Provide positive communication during stress
- Critical thinking and the ability to:
- Evaluate patient needs, physician request, and placement decisions to ensure that the most effective patient flow and capacity for admissions is maintained
- Utilize professional judgement and autonomy in decision making, seeking assistance from management as needed
- Problem solving skills to:
- Prioritize competing requests
- Ensure customer's expectations are met/surpassed
- Flexible and composed under pressure