Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Varied with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
8-4 Weekend and Holidays as needed.
The Registered Nurse of Home Care Admissions is an integral member of the referral team; coordinating home care services for new and existing patients. They will ensure continuity of care and fair distribution of work loads and assign and schedule the initial visit. Must be knowledgeable in professional nursing practices and principles, and competent in the provisions of nursing care.
The RN will have the ability to telephonically assess patients and facilitate a comprehensive referral. The RN possesses the knowledge of Agency services, policies, and procedures, Medicare HIM11 guidelines, third party reimbursement guidelines and to demonstrate the ability to assess and recommend appropriate homecare.
The RN will function as a representative of the home care agency with a good understanding of services available, federal, state, local regulations, and agency policy and procedures, including the patients' financial responsibility. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of insurance reimbursement and communicate this to the patient, families, caregivers and all providers.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, college or university required
- Licensure and current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York required
- BSN Preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Minimum one (1) year relevant experience required
- Certified Home Care experience preferred
- Acute medical surgical experience preferred
- Most possess a valid driver's license and have a car available for work use
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills required, i.e., software appropriate to position, word, excel
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong assessment skills required
- Ability to multi task
- Work is performed in an office setting
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the community, within the county serviced by the agency
- May be exposed to weather and temperature extremes