Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, she/he provides a range of psychological services to the inpatient unit
including assessment, testing, consultations, recommendations, staff in servicing, etc. Services will be provided at Clearview Treatment Services with inpatient psychiatric consults provided on MSMH acute care units. Assists in maintaining and improving clinical standards under hospital and state governing bodies.
- Graduate of accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Current Licensure and registered professional nurse in New York State without restrictions required
- Prescription privileges as part of New York State certification required
- Specialty in psychiatric treatment required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Experience in psychological testing, group and individual therapy required.
- Two years direct services with substance abuse clients preferred
- Dual Disorders experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience specific to clinical/medical documentation and record keeping.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong documentation skills. Must be legible, concise, and professional.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with all patients who present for care, treatment and service.
- Must function as a clinical team member, integrating the Core Values into all daily activities.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Handles emergency or crisis situations.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.