Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
7-3, 8-4, 9-5, 10-6
This position is responsible for Sisters Hospital, St. Joseph Campus and Mt. St. Mary's. The Associate will be responsible for supply resource planning, acquisition, utilization and evaluation for Perioperative Services. Responsible for the continuity and cost effectiveness of supplies and equipment used in the Perioperative Service Departments which include Surgery, PACU, GI, Central Supply, Anesthesia and Business Systems. Will assist in the pro-active analysis and appropriate utilization of technology, scheduling activities in regard to Anesthesia and Perioperative Services, as well as supplies and equipment. Research best practice and monitor the Perioperative Service's performance against those standards. Associate would maintain fiscal responsibility for Perioperative Services at Mount St. Mary's Hospital, and Sisters of Charity Hospital, both campuses, in relation to both capital and operating budgets. Effective management of the block schedules for all of our perioperative services areas. Works in conjunction with the clinical team to evaluate operational issues and provide recommendations from an operational perspective to make improvements. The position requires the individual to successfully demonstrate strong planning, organizational, critical thinking, influencing and high degree of technical skills related to management of data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business required. Supply Chain Concentration preferred.
- MBA preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Experience with inventory control, production/operations management required.
- Three years supervisory/ leadership experience preferred
- Experience with Lawson Inventory ERP System preferred
- Experience with EPIC system preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel, as well as physicians, families, visitors and to manage the activities of a diverse group of professional, nonprofessional and clerical employees.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (people management, relationship-building, inspiring, problem-solving, facilitating, and executing).
- Strong ability to influence customers, change behaviors and attain operational goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills with all levels of associates and management.
- Planning skills to develop goals and objectives in concert with those of the hospital and implements action plans to meet those goals.
- Analytical ability to identify opportunities for improvements as well as positive problems resolution.
- Excellent critical thinking/analysis and creative problem solving skills
- Able to demonstrate strong cost and operational efficiency analysis skills.
- Teaching abilities to promote optimum orientation and continuing education of staff.
- Budgeting skills to control fiscal operations of selected unit(s) and/or area(s) of responsibility and to identify and explain variances.
- Has current knowledge of health care trends and issues and relates same to hospital and work area environment.
- Excellent computer skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint software applications