Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Primarily 9:00am-5:00pm with occasional rotation to 8:00am-4:00pm
The Nurse Practitioner, Pre-Admission Testing is an independent health care provider who works collaboratively with physicians and other members of the Surgical Department in maintaining quality standards for patient care. The Nurse Practitioner works under the supervision and direction of the Chief of Surgery and Supervisor Nursing Perioperative Services.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing;
- Master's Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program;
- Maintains a current New York State Professional Nurse license;
- Maintains current Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner New York State licensure and certification;
- Meets credentialing requirements through the Medical Staff Office;
- Maintains current BLS.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum five (5) years inpatient medical, surgical, or critical care R.N. experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Computer literate;
- CPR Certified;
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
- The position requires heavy physical demands of lifting, positioning patients, and moving equipment.
- Works on a nursing unit and in patient rooms.