Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
UFCW Local 1Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
3:00p-11:00p 7:00a-3:00p 11:00a-7:00p
The Nurse Assistant (NA) provides basic care to patients by assisting professional patient caregivers in meeting identified needs of patients. Performs various patient care activities and provides related non-professional services as required to meet the personal and comfort needs of patients. Maintains a clean, safe, and neat environment. Functions under the supervision of the professional nurse. Performs duties of the job in accordance with hospital policy, standards of care and procedures.
Maintains supply of case carts to and from SPD to OR. Transports lab specimens and performs other errands as needed. Assists in the cleaning and stocking of the OR rooms and equipment. Assists in patient transportation. Functions under the supervision of the professional nurse. Performs duties of the job in accordance with hospital policy, standards of care and procedures.
This position is eligible to participate in the THRIVE program that provides education and a Workforce Coach to support them through their first year of employment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of an accredited course for nursing assistance preferred
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (TECHNICAL/PHYSICAL)
- Previous Nurse Assistant experience preferred
- Good mental and physical health. Activity includes balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions and heavy work, and the ability to cope with stress
- Subject to inside environmental conditions. Flexible regarding assigned time to satisfy unit staffing needs