Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
varies, 6a-10p, 7p-6a
Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy, Manager and/or Lead Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacists or other designated supervisory personnel, performs technical activities associated with preparation, compounding, and dispensing of pharmaceuticals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- High School diploma or GED
- Pharmacy Technician Certification from a New York State recognized certifying body such as Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- New York State Registered Pharmacy Technician with active registration and certification
- Registered Pharmacy Technician must also be licensed in New York State
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate office equipment, personal computer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine, hospital information systems, automated dispensing units and various other types of pharmacy automation.
- Proficient at report generation from various information systems.
- Proficiency in metric system and various types of pharmacy math calculations.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, nurses and other health professionals in matters pertaining to pharmacy services.
- Good manual dexterity (typing).
- Proficient in data entry.