St. Francis ParkShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time Flex FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
11:00am-7:00 pm 6:30am-2:30 pm
The cooks is responsible to prepare meals for residents, adhering to the HCCAP system protocols. Assists with menu development, monitors over-production, and assists the management team with input to improve service to residents. Responsible for adhering to Catholic Health standards of practice in food service; recipes, production, prep/pull, assists with catering events and serve safe standards, along with daily cleaning and sanitizing of work areas and equipment.
- High School diploma or GED required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- One (1) year quantity cooking required.
- One (1) year institutional health care quantity cooking preferred.
- Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness, and non-verbal communication;
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language;
- Ability to tell time and read a clock;
- Ability to perform basic math functions;
- Ability to follow and prepare food according to standardized recipes.
- Prolonged standing, walking, lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds;
- Must have sufficient dexterity and mobility to handle food and equipment efficiently and safely;
- Works in varying atmosphere temperatures from 0 to 90 degrees;
- Pushes/ pulls, moves and lifts supplies and equipment;
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.