Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 3Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
2p-2a, 7p-7a weekends 7a-7p or 7p-7a
Supervises and coordinates the activities of hospital personnel and engages in a variety of procedure through the interpretation of hospital policy and procedures for staff personnel: participates in the investigation and preparation of reports relative to the improvement of patient care, safety, educational development and personnel performance
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current New York State registration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- BCLS and ACLS certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Two (2) years of acute care nursing.
- Charge nurse, managerial, or supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to develop rapport with multiple health care disciplines and providers across the continuum of care.
- Ability to relate well with physicians to maximize quality of care for patients.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, discernment, and clinical assessment skills
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Computer literate.
- Interpersonal Skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel.
- Possesses active listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to:
- utilize technology to enhance communication and collect and report transfer center data
- obtain necessary information effectively
- provide clear direction
- provide positive communication during stress
- Critical thinking and the ability to
- evaluate patient needs, physician request, and placement decisions to ensure that the most effective
- patient flow and capacity for admissions is maintained
- Utilize professional judgment and autonomy in decision making, seeking assistance from management as needed
- Problem solving skills to:
- Prioritize competing requests
- Ensure customer's expectations are met/surpassed
- Flexible and composed under pressure