Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 2Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.400000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
2:00pm to 10:00pm
Under the supervision of the Department Supervisor or designee, assists in the planning, organization, implementing, and evaluating activities occurring in the Central Transportation Department by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous hospital experience preferred.
- Previous clerical experience preferred.
- Previous typing or keyboarding experience required.
- Must be familiar with and able to use Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- At the end of the orientation period employees will be required to demonstrate competency.
- Work requires confidentiality regarding patients' medical records and departmental records.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read and write and speak English.
- Must be able to use a telephone.
- Must be able to take direction from a manager or supervisor or designee.
- Ability to work closely with people.
- Must be able to operate a pager.
- Must be able to demonstrate core values
- Communicates appropriately with peers, supervisors, and physicians.
- Demonstrates a supportive team spirit.
- Must be able to deal appropriately with stressful/adverse situations and / or patients.