Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph CampusShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
7-3, 8-4, 9-5
Summary:Collaborates with members of the health care team to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and nutrition education to patients. Identifies patients at nutrition risk and assesses nutrient requirements according to age and disease specific needs. Develops and implements nutrition care plans for all assigned patients. Continuously evaluates and monitors the effectiveness and outcomes of MNT intervention.
- BS Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics from an accredited educational program plus successful completion of an internship or equivalent clinical and management practice which would qualify for Professional Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Active and on-going Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Active and on-going membership in The American Dietetic Association (to be obtained within one year from the date of hire).
- Certified Dietitian - Nutritionist (CDN) with The New York State Department of Education (to be obtained within one year from date of hire).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year experience preferred
Stro WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Must possess or have ability to learn basic computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions
- Travel between Catholic Health System facilities may be required
- Occasional evenings may be required for nutrition counseling appointments or classes