Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
The Director, Cardiac Services is responsible for the overall operational, financial and clinical performance of Cardiology Practices, functioning in a dyad team with the Medical Director for Cardiology and other hospital-based Cardiology Practices. Together, this team ensures that the needs of Catholic Health (CH) patients are met by providing access to timely, high quality care and providing an excellent patient experience. The Director, Cardiac Services is responsible for overseeing the practice management functions of Trinity Medical Cardiology and other hospital based cardiology practices, and ensures consistent and reliable operations of the practices. Together with the Medical Director, the Director, Cardiac Services develops a clinical support staff plan, and provider on-call and hospital services coverage schedule that is equitable and meets the needs of CH and the Cardiology providers. In conjunction with the CH Finance and Budget colleagues, the Director, Cardiac Services develops the annual capital and operating budgets for areas of responsibility, and manages the practice to meet or exceed budgeted performance expectations. Variances to revenues and expenses MTD and YTD will be noted and explained, and appropriate forecasting provided to Physician Enterprise Leadership on a monthly basis. The Director, Cardiac Services shall collaborate with revenue cycle leaders and managers to demonstrate excellence in revenue cycle performance and timely reporting to providers and System leaders. Director, Cardiac Services shall address and resolve all issues pertaining to practice operations in accordance with established budgets and policies and procedures and shall demonstrate visibility and build trust among all team members; promote the use of information technology and systems; participate in development goals; collaborate with development of new clinical and other programs; integrate newly acquired physician practices; and complete other duties as assigned.
The Director, Cardiac Services is accountable to the Physician Enterprise (PE) Leadership of CH, and critical to the success of this role is working collaboratively with), providers, other CH leaders and managers. To effectively maximize efficiency of operational and clinical components of patient care the Director, Cardiac Services will also participate in initiatives that help to develop provider relationships that streamline timely and high quality patient care.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or other related field of study.
- MBA, MHA, MSM, or MSHA, preferred
- Certification:Fellow or Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) in American College of Medical Practice Executives preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive management experience, which includes Cardiology services, in a private practice or health system owned multi-specialty group.
- Must have knowledge of operational practice management, finance, regulatory and reporting requirements
- Strong knowledge and experience working in physician practice operations, strong financial management skills that include P&L responsibility and working knowledge of revenue cycle, recruitment, clinical services management and regulatory standards
- Knowledge of medical practices and reimbursement policies
- Accomplished at establishing trust, developing strong working relationships with a range of audiences including executives, managers, physicians, business leaders, academic and community professionals
- Demonstrated change management skills in a complex environment
- Demonstrated track record of success in financial performance and success in a clinical setting, including significant P&L responsibility, strategic market share growth and revenue enhancement opportunities
- Clinical Experience in Cardiology preferred
- Strong financial, analytical and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of NYS Department of Health Regulations
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations required
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications,
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving and decision making
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with physicians, administrators, patients, and associates
- Ability to function effectively within a team; a hands-on leader
- Ability to create an atmosphere which encourages motivation, innovation, and high performance
- Frequent travel to between sites