Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Primary 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Supervises the work activities of the environmental services and contracted laundry/linen staff to ensure clean, orderly and attractive conditions in the hospital. Coordinates some activities of the Environmental Services Department and Laundry/Linen Service with those of other hospital departments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year of supervisory or lead experience
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience, preferably in environmental services
- Two (2) years of customer service experience
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before facility associates. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.