DYouville Clinic - Sisters Health CenterShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time Temporary FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
Varied - 7:15 am- 4:30 pm - Hours will vary
The Community Health Worker (CHW) position will work closely with the primary care team and clinical providers at the site. The CHW will collaborate with the site care coordinator and other agencies to improve patient care and outcomes and drive patient engagement in preventative care. The CHW will work to provide patients connection to resources, services and programs and support efforts to offer community facing health screenings and support groups within the clinic. Patients would be seen by the Community Health Worker in the home or comparable environments and clinic based setting.
- High School diploma or GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- A minimum of six (6) months' work experience in public health or in another position with the provision of social service, supportive services, personal care, or related duties.
- Basic office/customer service experience preferred
- Valid NYS driver's license
- Bilingual/bicultural encouraged to apply
- Understands and maintains the confidential nature of the information handled and discussed.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact with all departments within the organization.
- Ability to function autonomously.
- Proficiency in the collection of information from clients in completing standard forms and preparing required reports.
- Some ability to motivate clients to fully participate in service programs, to recognize clients with severe problems and communicate that information to RN, Care Coordinator and clinical staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities and organize work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and politely.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the community, within the county serviced by the agency
- Endures exposure to weather and temperature extremes