Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.613333Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Demonstrates an ability to assess and recognize a deteriorating patient condition, communicate with the interdisciplinary team, and implement interventions. Responds to all Rapid Response Team pages. Provides assistance to the patients' Primary Nurse to meet the emergent potential need of the patient. Maintains accurate documentation on the Rapid Response Team and code stroke forms. Participates in the reviews and collating of data from Rapid Response Team calls and reports this data to Performance Improvement.
Be a resource to the Patient Care Units based on the needs of a particular unit as assigned by the Patient Care Services Directors, Nurse Manager, or Nursing Supervisor.
- Round on the Patient Care Units to assess opportunities for education to staff or resource needs based on patient census, acuity of floor, or new admission status. Provides educational and resource support.
- Assists and accompanies patients transferred to higher levels of care or diagnostic testing requiring an RN.
- Have frequent interactions with Nurse Managers and Nursing Supervisors to determine any other needs in patient care areas.
- Reports off to the Nursing Supervisor at the end of each shift.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Registered Nurse with current New York State licens
- Current BLS validation
- Current ACLS validation
- Stroke Center certification
- Completion of telemetry or critical care Skills Day or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years recent emergency department and or critical care experience
- Able to develop rapport with multiple health care disciplines and providers across the continuum of care.
- Ability to relate well and establish partnerships with the physicians to maximize quality of care for CHS patient
- through the appropriate use of resources.
- Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate care plans.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent critical thinking, discernment, and clinical assessment skills
- Participates in educational conferences and upgrades and maintains professional knowledge and skills related to the area of responsibility, maintains confidentiality, understands legal aspects of job function, adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Role involves a variety of problems to be solved under general guidelines, and calls for a variety of decisions, some of which are complex and must be referred to a resource person.
- Assists in directing a small group of employees performing similar or related tasks of semi-skilled nature. Instructs employees, assigns, contributes to evaluating performance, and maintains efficiency of staff.
- Has obligations to conserve supplies, equipment and time in a cost-effective environment.
- Activity includes lifting, stooping, constant walking. Finger and hand dexterity and visual and aural and olfactory acuity to recognize changes in patients' condition. The ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required. May also be exposed to communicable diseases.