Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph CampusShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time FTE: 0.920000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1168Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
10:00am to 10:00pm
Coordinates total patient care through assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluation. Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with health care team members in maintaining standards for professional practice in the clinical setting. Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nursing Program, BSN preferred
- Current registration as registered nurse in New York State
- Current BLS validation
- ACLS validation within six (6) months of hire/transfer
- PALs certification required within one (1) year of hire/transfer
- Successful completion or successful challenge of Cardiac Rhythm exam within 6 months of hire/transfer.
For new hires/transfers only
- One year previous patient care experience in a healthcare or hospital setting
- All current ED employees, external hires and transfers will complete and maintain the National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification (NIHSS) within 12 months from date of hire/transfer with recertification every two (2) years.
Those hired/transferred with only one year previous patient care experience in a healthcare or hospital setting will be expected to participate in, and successfully complete, the ED Residency Program.
- Completion of assigned ENA modules prior to the completion of ED RN Orientation
- Completion or successful challenge of ER-BKAT within 6 months of hire/transfer.