Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 0.920000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Coordinates total patient care for the Post Anesthesia Phase I patient by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the patient during the initial period of recovery from anesthesia. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the PACU.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Maintains a current New York State Professional License.
- Completed cardiac rhythm course or demonstrates competency
- ACLS certification within 1 year.
- BLS within 4 months of hire.
- One year of experience in a critical care area.
- Participates in call coverage for emergency surgical procedures during off hours.
- Flexible regarding assigned shifts to satisfy unit staffing needs.
- Rotates to Ambulatory Surgery based on unit staffing needs.
- Physical activity includes: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and heavy work.