Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 3Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.613333Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
7:00pm to 7:00am
: The registered Nurse on 4 South delivers direct patient care utilizing the Nursing Process to patients with a variety of medical and surgical health problems. He or she collaborates with the other health professionals in coordinating patient care and provides direction to other non-licensed personnel within the department.
The registered nurse working in the infusion room specializes in the administration of Chemotherapy and biological agents. Job responsibilities include patient assessment, administration of chemotherapy, immunotherapy agents, ability to access and the maintenance of venous access devices, insertion of peripheral IVs, demonstrates competency in phlebotomy procedures includes drawing blood from midlines and PICC line catheters.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nursing Program,
- Current New York State Registration as a professional registered nurse.
- Current BLS validation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous RN experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated clinical ability
- Ability to perform technical aspects of job with unit-based equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work across Service Line
- Ability to meet demands of unit staffing - need for increased census and acuity.
- Adaptable to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to flex schedule to meet the needs of the nursing department.
- Nursing can be intellectually, physically and emotionally demanding. Subject to inside environmental conditions: protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. Subject to hazards includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving parts or frequent exposure to many unpleasant physical and environmental conditions. Nurses works shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays. There are times travel to another CH facility is required for training and educational purposes.