Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Possesses expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combines the knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive, therapeutic, and diagnostic procedures. Under direct supervision of the RN circulator, the surgical technologist may assist with delegated circulator tasks.
Surgical Technologist (CST) credential is achieved by passing the national certification examination administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or Accreditation Bureau of Health Education School (ABHES) accredited surgical technology program required
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) credentials administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting required.
- Must maintain 15 hours of continuing education hours per year for all surgical technologists
- Associates hired into a Surgical Technician position prior to January 1, 2015 are required to maintain 15 hours of continuing education annually
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Previous experience in an operating room preferred
- Basic Life Support certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The position requires heavy physical demands of lifting, positioning patients and moving equipment
- Works on a nursing unit and in patient rooms