Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Part Time No Benefits FTE: 0.153333Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Variable Shifts: 4, 6, 8, or 10 hour shifts
The Nurse Assistant (NA) Student, under the direct supervision of the registered nurse, assists in providing patients with activities of daily living, provides nursing care to non-acutely ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment. The NA Student updates RN with timely information regarding status of patient in compliance with hospital and regulatory agency requirements. The NA Student participates in quality improvement activities and educational experiences in support of department, nursing philosophy and objectives, as well as, initiatives. The NA Student represents Catholic Health in a positive, professional manner, with a commitment to customer service. Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Registered Nurse program.
- High School Graduate
- Must be enrolled in an accredited Registered Nurse program to be eligible for this position. If the Associate drops out of the Nursing Program, they will be terminated from the Nurse Assistant Student position and will have to bid on an open Nurse Assistant position.
- Phlebotomy/glucometer certification within 60 days
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Previous healthcare experience desirable.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal, organizational and decision-making skills required.
- Basic arithmetic skills required
- Computer literate, knowledge of windows.
- Ability to read with comprehension.
- Desire and skill to meet the needs of the geriatric, chronically ill or long term patients.
- Continuous awareness of need for safety measures in patient care.
- Assist other hospital staff in direct patient care.