Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 2Status:
Part Time Flex FTE: 0.500000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
3-11 pm On weekdays, 9a-5p on rotating weekends and holidays
Under the direction of the manager: responsible for providing technical and supportive services for the Department of Patient Care Services including but not limited to: processing of pumps, identifying equipment needing Bio-Med intervention, ordering, receiving, maintaining records of orders for rental equipment, stocking of the feeder areas and patient care units, maintaining records, tracking equipment utilization, other clerical and equipment related duties as assigned. Clerical:
Performs general clinical duties such as typing and answering phones. Produces necessary reports and metrics in a timely manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent required with secondary education or degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous experience in maintenance of technical supplies, inventory, inventory records, and equipment required.
- Word processing experience required.
- Basic computer knowledge and the willingness to learn new computer applications.
- Intermediate understanding of medical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Knowledge of sterile processing preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Professional communication and organizational skills required.
- Maintains knowledge and skills related to area of responsibility.
- Maintains confidentiality, adheres to hospital policy and procedure.
- Position Obligation to conserve supplies, equipment, and time in a cost-effective environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk, frequently bend, stoop, lift, and move heavy loads.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be of good mental and physical health with ability to handle multiple priorities and stressful conditions required.
- Exposed to equipment used on patients who may have had infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
- Required to move equipment and to various locations throughout the facility.
- The periods of standing and walking are common throughout the shift.
- Responsible for carrying a pager and following through on short notice assignments while maintaining priorities.
- Activity includes balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions and heavy work.