Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.533000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
5am - 9am, 5:30am - 9:30am, 6am - 10am with weekend, holiday, and on-call rotation. In the event of a Critical Need the associate may work with-in Catholic Health as needed based on their experience level and skill set.
Primary responsibility is specimen collection procedures in a Laboratory Patient Service Center, client's home, nursing homes including, but not limited to, venipuncture and capillary draws.
- High School diploma or GED
- Phlebotomy certificate
- Possess valid NYS Driver's License and have use of a vehicle
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Successful completion of Clinical Phlebotomy rotation and/or six (6) months experience in phlebotomy which includes microcollection and butterfly collection on geriatric and neonate/pediatric patients preferred
- Proof of certification required if experience is less than six (6) months
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused
- Consistently demonstrate a confident and professional manner to coworkers and public
- Able to work safely with infectious and/or hazardous materials
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions due to weather
- Schedule flexibility
- Transporting phlebotomy supplies as needed
- Must be willing to participate in on-call scheduling as needed
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.