Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.400000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides nursing care to non-acutely ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the patients and/or nursing unit.
- High School or GED
- BLS within three (3) months of hire/transfer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- No prior experience needed
- Mental and physical health sufficient to withstand strenuous activity, bending, lifting, walking.
- Desire and skill to meet the needs of acute care patients.
- Continuous awareness of need for safety measures in patient care.
- To assist other hospital staff in direct patient care.
- Computer literate Ability to read with comprehension
- Ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required
- Obligation to conserve supplies, equipment and time in a cost-effective environment
- May also be exposed to communicable diseases