Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time Flex FTE: 0.920000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Rotation to Nights Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
7a-7p with rotation to 7p-7a
The registered nurse is a designated professional nurse who provides daily nursing care to patients following established policies, procedures, and standards of practice. The RN coordinates patient care through assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation. The RN participates in patient and family teaching. The RN provides leadership by working cooperatively with health care team members and maintaining standards for professional practice in the clinical setting. The RN supports high quality care through participation and implementation of quality initiatives.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nursing Program, BSN preferred.
- Current New York State Registration as a professional registered nurse.
- Current BLS validation
- The RN working in the infusion room is required to obtain ONC Chemotherapy/biologic therapy certification within 6 months of hire/transfer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous RN experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated clinical ability
- Ability to perform technical aspects of job with unit-based equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work across Service Line
- Ability to meet demands of unit staffing - need for increased census and acuity.
- Adaptable to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to flex schedule to meet the needs of the nursing department.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.