Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Participates in the overall planning, organizing, directing, decision making and evaluation of the delivery of nursing care on their shift. As a professional nurse, the charge nurse is responsible for assisting in the management of resources necessary and appropriate for the provision of achievement of positive patient outcomes. As a professional nurse, the charge nurse participates in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing Program.
- Current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum three (3) years OR RN experience required.
- Familiar with OR flow and surgical patient care
- Demonstrates leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- The ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required.
- May also be exposed to communicable diseases.