Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.666700Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Practicing as a Thoracic Surgery Services Clinical Practitioner, this position provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of a physician within the practice, hospital and in the surgical suite. Performs comprehensive physical examination and compiles patient medical data including health history and results of physical examination. Reviews, but does not administer or perform diagnostic tests, such as X-ray, EKG and laboratory tests. Interprets test results for deviations from normal. Performs procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care, intubation, inserting IABP and invasive CVP and PA lines, chest tubes, etc. Develops and implements patient management plans, records, progress notes and assists in provision of continuity of care.
Travels to all Catholic Health (CH) Hospital facilities as well as other Hospitals to consult patients in need of Thoracic Surgical intervention and assistance. Practitioner triages, consults and follows up on Thoracic Surgical patients with the assistant of the Surgeon. The incumbent will be also take part in call coverage for along with the surgeon for office and hospital based patients.
- Bachelor's degree
- Graduate of an approved NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants) Program
- CAHEA (Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA) accredited Physician Assistant training program;
- Graduate degree as Nurse Practitioner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Clinical experience in cardiology with direct exposure to cardiac surgery preferred
- Physical activity includes: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, waling, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and heavy work:
- CPR Certified
- Computer Literate
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills
- ACLS Certified
- Clinical experience in cardiothoracic surgery
- Subject to inside environmental conditions
- Must be able to work in hectic environment making sound decisions at all times
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.