PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT - FOR SURGERY - BARIATRIC/GENERAL PRACTICE
The Physician Assistant is a dependent health care provider who, working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary health team, is responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care. Also responsible for hospital related duties such as assisting with surgery, Hospital rounding, and participating in on-call responsibilities. Participates in patient and family teaching.ED UCATION
• Graduate of an approved NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and CAHEA accredited Physician Assistant training program (Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA).
• Valid certification by the NCCPA as developed by the National Board of Examiners.EXPERIENCE
• Experience in surgery preferred
• One year of recent experience as a Physician Assistant preferred.KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
• Hospital Medicine
• Patient care in outpatient setting
• EMR experience
• Certification in CPR and annual re-certification required.
• ACLS certification preferred.