Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
8:00am - 4:00pm
The physical therapist is responsible for providing service to the home care patient who has a physical impairment or delay and requires the skills of a therapist. The Physical Therapist designs and implements programs for the patient and family in accordance with agency standards and procedures. The Physical Therapist will also provide teaching to the family and caregivers as appropriate.
- Licensed by N.Y. State Department of Education Required
- Graduate of B.S. or M.S. degree program in Physical Therapy Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY
- One year supervised experience as a Physical Therapist
- Minimum eight (8) months' supervised experience with extended orientation (sixteen weeks).
- Must demonstrate the ability to adapt physical therapy techniques to the home/community setting
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Must have knowledge of Physical Therapy procedures
- Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness and non verbal communication
- Physical assessment - Application of the assessment into the aging process; examples may include height/weight, skin integrity, ADL's, bowel and bladder control
- Technical skills - incorporates knowledge of age related physical and mental changes in performing technical skills; examples may include appropriate site for IM injection, range of motion and feeding skills
- Clinician delivers physical therapy care in home/community setting working with patient, patient's family and any other available caregivers. Significant amount of time traveling, occasional exposure to unclean living environments and temperature fluctuations with seasonal changes
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.