Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.500000Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
7:30-3:30p, 9-5p, 10-6p, 3p-11p, 4p-12a, 11p-7a on call, weekend and holiday rotation required will rotate to x-ray
Operates MRI imaging equipment to produce images of professional quality for interpretation. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of the patients served, based on the area of clinical practice. May be assigned off-site.
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training required
- Accredited Program in Radiologic Technology required
- Current NYS License in Radiologic Technology required
- Current ARRT Certification in MRI required
- Current NYS Driver's License required
- BLS required (effective 11/1/13)
- Any employee hired after 11/1/13 must have and maintain intravenous contrast administration certification and BLS at time of placement.
- Incumbents in position as of 11/1/13 must be certified in intravenous contrast administration within 60 days or employee will be terminated.
- An additional three (3) month extension is granted to give the date of IV contrast administration certification by 7/7/14. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the technologist from MRI Technologist position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year experience in MRI preferred
- Grade 13Z-On the job training provided based on current ARRT MRI Certification
- Diagnostic MRI Equipment
- Dry Laser and Wet Film Processing
- Personal Computer
- Answers Telephone
- Maintain Filing System
- Schedule Appointments
- Archive and Transmit Images
- May be Exposed to Infectious and Contagious Diseases
- Exposed to Hazardous Anesthetic Agents, Body Fluids and Wastes
- Subject to Electrical and Radiant Energy Hazards
- Exposed to Odorous Chemical and Specimens
- Occasional Exposure to Unpleasant Patient or Unit Elements
- Contact with Patients Under a Wide Variety of Circumstances
- Subject to Varying and Unpredictable Situations
- Handles Emergency or Crisis Situations
- Subject to Many Interruptions
- Subject to Long Irregular Hours
- Occasional Pressure Due to Multiple Calls and Inquiries
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.