Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time FTE: 0.920000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Coordinates total patient care through assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluation. Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with health care team members in maintaining standards for professional practice in the clinical setting. Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN strongly preferred
- Maintains a current New York State Professional License
- BLS certification current
- ACLS validation within 6 months
- PALs validation within 1 year
- All current ED employees, external hires and transfers will complete and maintain the National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification (NIHSS) within 6 months from date of hire/transfer with recertification every two (2) years.
- Six (6) months experience with acute medical/surgical patients
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Successful completion of a Catholic Health Emergency Nurse Residency program. Applicants with an Emergency Nurse Residency program completed outside of Catholic Health will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Successful completion of cardiac rhythm course within 6 months or demonstrates competence
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.