Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
The Lead Registered Nurse for Home Care performs all duties of the Home Care Registered Nurse. In addition, functions as the day to day lead on the team and precepts new team members. Maintains current knowledge in home care regulations and systems. Possesses ability to teach and direct staff. Acts as liaison between staff development department and team members. Provides input to manager. Must be knowledgeable in professional nursing principles and practices, and competent in the provision of nursing care. Ability to function autonomously; to make decisions, to problem solve, and to comprehend and communicate information both verbally and in writing to patients, families and caregivers, physicians, multidisciplinary team members and other community agencies. Ability to function as a representative of the agency with a good understanding of services available, federal, state, and local regulations, and agency policy and procedures. Also must be able to demonstrate familiarity of insurance reimbursement and communicate this to patient, families, caregivers and all providers. Able to coordinate all services provided to the patient by the agency, informal supports, and community resources, and review the plan of care as needed including plan for discharge and implementation of discharge plan.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, college or university required
- Licensure and current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York
- BSN preferred.
- BLS Certification Preferred
- OASIS Certified Preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Minimum one (1) year relevant experience required
- One year experience in a Home Health Agency (CHHA, LTHHC, or Hospice)required
- Acute medical surgical experience preferred
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing Certified Home Health Agencies
- Demonstrates proficiency in the home care IT System
- Possesses the ability to transfer knowledge/teach clinicians.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a car available for work use
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the community, within the county serviced by the agency
- Endures exposure to weather and temperature extremes
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.