Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
8:00am - 4:00pm Variable
The Graduate Nurse Residency position offers training, education and professional development through approximately a 9-12 month transition to becoming an RN in home care. Training and orientation begins in a sub-acute setting and transitions to a home care setting once skills are mastered and NYS licensure received. The Graduate Nurse, working under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse, coordinates total patient care through assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Extended training continues in home care.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, college or university
- BSN preferred
- Licensure and current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York within four (4) months from date of hire. Required to obtain BLS within four months from date of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- On the job training provided
- Demonstrates the reliability to be present as scheduled for work meetings, and/or in-service as requested
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a car available for work use
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills required - software appropriate to position
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong assessment skills required
- Adaptable to inside and outside environmental conditions
- Ability to multi task
- Roles includes a variety of problems to be solved under general guidelines, and calls for a variety of decisions, some of which are complex and must be referred to a resource person
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.